Designed by McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) and Northrop, the F/A-18 Hornet is used by the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps as both a fighter and an attack platform. Air forces of several other nations fly the F-18 as well. This replica has been modeled after the F/A-18D two-seat variant, operated primarily by the U.S. Marine Corps in night attack and Forward Air Controller (Airborne) [FAC(A)] roles. The trim and color scheme are taken from the U.S. Marine All-Weather Fighter Attack Squadron 242 – the “Bats” – based in Iwakuni, Japan. An all-new design for experienced RC pilots, the E-flite? F-18 Hornet 80mm EDF provides an exceptional flying experience highlighted by an abundance of Extra Scale details and functional scale features including factory-installed LED lights, full-flying stabs, operational flaps and more!
- The best handling high-performance F-18 EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet
- Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps and other forces
- Extra Scale details including removable ordnance and tanks, painted landing gear, molded-in panel lines and more
- Functional Extra Scale features including LED lights, full-flying stabs, flaps, main and nose gear doors
- V2 12-blade 80mm fan delivers excellent top speed and vertical performance plus turbine-like sound
- Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible brushless inrunner motor and 100-amp ESC
- Fits a wide range of 6S batteries from 4000-7000mAh to deliver class-leading flight times
- Spektrum AR636 6-channel receiver with industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX technology (BNF Basic Only)
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection (BNF Basic Only)
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X technology (BNF Basic Only)
- Factory-installed metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
- Electric retracts with scale painted shock-absorbing, trailing-link struts
- No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Two-piece wing that bolts into place and a magnetically secured nose cone
- Convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and a pilot figure
- Factory-applied VMFA(AW)-242 “Bats” squadron finish
- Extremely durable, fully moulded EPO airframe
The V2 12-blade 80mm fan, high-RPM brushless inrunner motor and 100-amp ESC combine with your 6S 4000-7000mAh 30+C LiPo battery to deliver great vertical performance and a fantastic speed range with virtually instantaneous throttle response
Extra Scale Details
The F-18 Hornet 80mm EDF features an accurate outline and an abundance of Extra Scale details including molded-in panel lines and hatches, painted landing gear, removable ordnance and drop tanks.
The steerable nose gear with dual wheels and the rotating main gear feature reliable, factory-installed electric retracts equipped with durable metal components including Extra Scale painted trailing-link, shock-absorbing struts.
No glue is required for assembly and you can have the F-18 ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! The stabs plus the two-piece wing bolt into place and can easily be removed for convenient storage and transport.
Unique Trim Scheme
The factory-applied paint and decal finish pays tribute to the U.S. Marine Corps VMFA(AW)-242 “Bats” squadron, while providing excellent visibility and a model you’ll be proud to show off everywhere you go.
Needed to Complete
- Bind-N-Fly Basic version:
- Full-range 6-7+ channel Spektrum DSMX/DSM2 compatible transmitter
What’s in the Box?
- E-flite F-18 80mm EDF with:
- 100A Brushless ESC (installed)
- Brushless Inrunner Motor (installed)
- Metal-Geared Servos (installed)
- Spektrum AR636 6-Channel Receiver (installed – BNF Basic Only)
- Product Manual