Designed by McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) and Northrop, the F/A-18 Hornet is used by the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps as both a fighter and an attack platform. Air forces of several other nations fly the F-18 as well. This replica has been modeled after the F/A-18D two-seat variant, operated primarily by the U.S. Marine Corps in night attack and Forward Air Controller (Airborne) [FAC(A)] roles.
TAKE IT TO NEW HEIGHTS
Pre-Order now and take advantage of our
“SPECIAL PRE-ORDER PRICE”
Only £25.00 Deposit secures you a model.
Please note: Your £25 deposit will be deducted from the total leaving £409.99 to pay when the model is available. Due November, reserve yours now from the 1st delivery to hit the UK!
RCMSD Pre-Order Price £434.99 (RRP £489.99) Model EFL3975.
- The best handling high-performance F-18 EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet
- Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps and other forces
- Extra Scale details including removable ordnance and tanks, painted landing gear, molded-in panel lines and more
- Functional Extra Scale features including LED lights, full-flying stabs, flaps, main and nose gear doors
- V2 12-blade 80mm fan delivers excellent top speed and vertical performance plus turbine-like sound
- Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible brushless inrunner motor and 100-amp ESC
- Fits a wide range of 6S batteries from 4000-7000mAh to deliver class-leading flight times
- Spektrum AR636 6-channel receiver with industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX technology (BNF Basic Only)
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection (BNF Basic Only)
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X technology (BNF Basic Only)
- Factory-installed metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
- Electric retracts with scale painted shock-absorbing, trailing-link struts
- No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Two-piece wing that bolts into place and a magnetically secured nose cone
- Convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and a pilot figure
- Factory-applied VMFA(AW)-242 “Bats” squadron finish
- Extremely durable, fully moulded EPO airframe
The V2 12-blade 80mm fan, high-RPM brushless inrunner motor and 100-amp ESC combine with your 6S 4000-7000mAh 30+C LiPo battery to deliver great vertical performance and a fantastic speed range with virtually instantaneous throttle response
Extra Scale Details
The F-18 Hornet 80mm EDF features an accurate outline and an abundance of Extra Scale details including molded-in panel lines and hatches, painted landing gear, removable ordnance and drop tanks.